A great breakfast dish or delightful dessert, this pudding contains the incredible superfood the chia seed, once a staple food of the Aztecs, celebrated for its ability to sustain and provide energy. This super seed provides a good source of healthy omega-3 fats, and is a great addition to almost anything – from smoothies through to bean chillies.
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk (or any other non-dairy alternative)
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp. raw honey
- Handful of berries and almonds (I like to add blueberries and raspberries)
- Dash of cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, place chia seeds, non-dairy milk, vanilla and honey and whisk together.
- Cover and refrigerate for 48 hours (remember time is needed for the chia seeds and milk to thicken).
- Serve in small dish or short glass, with berries and almonds on top and a dash of cinnamon.