This was actually the first decent salad we ever created. We wanted a salad which was both rich in phytonutrients, and vibrant in colour. It includes a bunch of the big hitters from our pantry so it will deliver an awesome boost to your immune system.
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 10 small mushrooms
- 2 cups rocket (tightly packed)
- 3 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup pitted olives
- 1 broccoli head
- 1 avocado
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 cup mixed seeds and nuts (I use pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds, but any mix is fine)
- Splash of tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and cut the broccoli head into florets, slice the mushrooms in half, peel carrots and chop them into quarters (long ways) and finely slice the red onion - set aside.
- In a wok (or a large pan), heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil and add nuts and seeds, stir regularly for around 4-5 minutes until they start to pop.
- Add 2 tbsp of coconut oil to the wok, followed by the mushrooms and cook for a further 4-5 minutes (until the mushrooms are lightly cooked), stir regularly.
- Add the carrots to the wok and cook for around 5 minutes, stir regularly, (remember carrots are better under cooked and should still be crunchy).
- Add the broccoli to the wok and cook until it turns bright green (around 3 minutes).
- Place wok contents in a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Peel and slice the avocado and place in a small bowl.
- Once cooled, place wok contents in a large bowl, followed by the rocket, cherry tomatoes, red onion, olives and avocado. Add salt and pepper, lemon juice and splashes of tamari and toss well.
Inspired by love, life, family and knowledge.